Friendly Resources for Advent and the Coming of Christmas
This is a place to share resources and ideas for learning about and celebrating the Christmas season.
- How do we approach this as Friends?
- What can we share with RE colleagues from our experiences?
- What can we share with families in our communities?
We offer these resources in hopes that you will use them, create others and share the wonder of this season in FDS and beyond in your meeting or church.
- "Nativity for the Modern Age"
- Also shared in GoogleDocs by Kennett Meeting (PhYM): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yNkMzmbHspAuiqQKz3KTVB9i0h8M164YS6WCeMr7su8/edit
- A Friendly Exploration of Resources for Advent and the Coming of Christmas
- Advent With Friends: A Journey to Christmas
- Heartland Friends Meeting Christmas Story (an interactive version of the Nativity, based on the Godly Play stories for Advent)
- Presence in the Midst: Preparing for Christmas -- from Wichita Friends School
- Christmas Light: Seeking the Spirit of the Season
- Singing the Christmas Story
- Unplug the Christmas Machine -- book by Jo Robinson and Jean Coppock Staeheli with tips to simplify and deepen Christmas
- A Multicultural Representation of the Baby Jesus -- lesson and children's book resources
- Christmas Programs with a Twist -- a collection of plays by Elinor Briggs (PhYM)
Please post here in the comment section* or on the QREC Facebook page to share further questions and ideas about how we can create a Friendly season of wonder, peace, hope and joy! To share a suggested resource, please send to QuakerCollaborative4RE@gmail.com.
*if you haven't already create a login and sign in to see the comment section